SBU MathLing Reading Group
This is the website for the Mathematical Linguistics Reading Group (MLRG) in the Department of Linguistics at Stony Brook University.
The reading group provides a venue for
- paper discussions,
- practice talks,
- invited talks,
- presentations of ongoing research,
- and much more.
Pretty much anything goes, as long as it has some formal/mathematical component to it. The group is very interdisciplinary in nature and we welcome guests from other departments.
You can follow us by subscribing to our news feed.
Time: Friday, 1:30–2:30
Location: Computational Linguistics Lab (SBS N-250)
Topics: see Schedule
Readings: Google drive (access restricted)
Student Organizer(s): Zhengxiang (Jack) Wang
Faculty Organizer: Jeffrey Heinz
- Wed 03 May 2023
- Jordan on impact of corpus size at 1:30 pm (May 5)
- Mon 24 April 2023
- Eric on authorship attribution at 1:30 pm (Apr 28)
- Tue 18 April 2023
- Thomas on subregular succinctness arguments at 1:30 pm (Apr 21)
- Wed 12 April 2023
- Kenneth on island effects via pTSL for trees at 1:30 pm (Apr 14)
- Tue 04 April 2023
- Scott on rule interactions in phonology at 1:30 pm (Apr 7)